When linking to the NAMI Ohio website, web managers should be aware that the NAMI Ohio trademarks are not available for posting or replication on third party websites without a written agreement with NAMI Ohio. As part of the permission agreement for web linking, third parties must post the following with any trademark. URL or content used from a NAMI website:
NAMI Ohio works to ensure that the information provided on its authorized website is accurate, timely and useful. However, the information contained on NAMI Ohio’s website should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice. NAMI Ohio, its affiliates or agents, or any other parties involved in the preparation or publication of this site are not responsible for errors or omissions in information provided on this site or any actions resulting from the use of such information. Visitors are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other reliable sources and to direct any questions concerning their personal health to licensed physicians or other appropriate health care professionals. Corrections and additions to this site will be made when necessary or as time permits.
NAMI Ohio shall actively recruit, engage and serve members from every race, culture, ethnicity, age, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and disability and shall not discriminate against any person or group in the requirements for membership, provision of service or support or in its policies or actions.
The NAMI Ohio is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. Information we collect from you is used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, respond to your questions and process your online donations.
We collect two types of information on our website:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data — or totals of those visiting from a domain — not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect email addresses and other personal information only when you provide it to us. If you fill out a form or survey, request information or make a donation, we may collect your name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address.
Use of Personal Information
NAMI Ohio collects information on our website. We do not sell, trade or rent our website visitor’s personal information to others other than those outlined in this section. If you willingly provide us your personal information, NAMI Ohio may use it in the following ways:
Donations: When you make an online donation to us, it’s possible your name may be on some mailing lists shared with other reputable organizations. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists. See the Your Choice section below to learn how.
Email Information Requests and Questions: When we respond to your email requests or questions, we may collect your email address and send you NAMI Ohio email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
E-News: When you sign up to receive NAMI Ohio e-news, we collect your email address and may also notify you about other information we think you will find valuable. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
Event Registration: NAMI Ohio provides online registration for our major events, such as conferences, advocacy events and local NAMI Walks. We may collect your email address and send you NAMI Ohio email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
By using the NAMI Ohio website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
• To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting removal.
• To remove your name from the NAMI Ohio postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.
• To review or correct your personal information with NAMI Ohio, please provide your name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.